Institutional Review Board, TRIOs (TRIOs-IRB) for Review of
Research / Evaluation of Health and Social Research (Non-Clinical) Protocols for Ethical Standards
TRIOs has set up an IRB to review, approve, and regulate research conducted by the organisation and its members. It follows the ICMR ethical guidelines for biomedical and health research involving human participants.
TRIOs- IRB is registered with the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
TRIOS Development Support Pvt Ltd IRB #1 (Social and Behaviour Research)
Organization Number # IORG0010506
IRB Registration Number: IRB00012457
The IRB consists of the following members with varying backgrounds in respect to gender, cultural background, and profession. The review meetings are being organised with a minimum forum of 5 members. The IRB members have expertise and experience in the areas of health and social research, and among the members, two are females. Besides review of TRIOs research projects, the IRB also takes up review of external health and social research protocols/ projects, selectively.
Dr Padam Singh PhD (Ex Addl. Director General, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is the chairman of the IRB.
- Dr Padam Singh PhD (Bio Statistician)- Chairman
- Dr Shubhank Singh MBBS (Public Health Specialist)
- Ms. Mamta Chaudhary MSc, PGD (NGO, Women & Child Rights Expert)
- Mr. Rajesh Rai LLB (Advocate, Supreme Court)
- Dr Rajani Kant Juyal PhD, MSc (Health Economist and Finance Expert)
- Mr. Anil Sukumaran MA, M Phil (Social Scientist)
- Mr. Sumit Agarwal CA (Chartered Accountant)
- Ms. Pallavi Singh, MBA (Ex Officio- Member Secretary)
Besides the above members, as and when required, IRB invites experts of relevant field to the meetings for expert opinions on specific topics of review. The IRB is functioning effectively from 14 February 2020.
Minimum documents to be submitted to IRB for review.
- Application form for Ethical Approval
- Study Protocol in the prescribed format
- Consent and Data Collection Tools
- Technical Presentation
1) Routine review
Quarterly basis meeting will be held for reviews.
2) Expedited Review
The expedited review is considered for the projects such as;
- The duration of project is six months or less
- The study is related to emergency responses
- Any other justifiable special circumstances
For each expedited review a separate meeting of the Committee is called fulfilling the quorum in about 10 days’ time, after the proposal is received in its totality. The review decision of the IRB is communicated within 3 days, post review. The proposal submitted under routine review may also be considered during expedited review meeting, if it falls under the time frame of such meetings.
Suggested decisions to be made by IRB
For all new proposals reviewed by the IRB, one of the following decisions are taken:
- Approved as per submission (without any change)
- Conditional approval, contingent upon specific revisions (Pending/ conditional) – Chairperson alone will approve the revisions
- Tabled for substantive change –EC will approve changes
- Disapproval/ Not approved.
Process of communicating Decision: The decision documented by the Secretary and approved by the chairperson will be sent in the form of soft copy and Hard copy to PI.
- Communication to the PI will be done by the Member Secretary.
- After the review, an Approval Letter signed by Chairperson/Member Secretary is shared with PI.
- PI has to duly sign and stamp the Approval Letter and a scanned/hard copy of the same is to be submitted to IRB-TRIOs for records. This completes the review process.
Contact / Address:
Member Secretary, IRB-TRIOs
TRIOs Development Support(P) Ltd
Plot No: 72, First Floor, Sai Enclave
Behind EPFO Complex, Sector: 23
Dwarka, New Delhi- 110 077, INDIA
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Landline: +91 (11) 4163 9918